Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ariana is 5! Her Birthday Interview!







Ariana turned 5 on November 6th. Her birthday fell on a school day. I made her orange rolls for breakfast and put balloons on her chair in the morning. I put stickers and a note in her lunch and we celebrated by taking cupcakes (pink cupcakes with purple frosting and rainbow sprinkles just like she wanted) and small goodie bags to her friends in her class. That night we had one of her favorite dinners (chicken nuggets with ketchup, broccoli and cucumber with ranch) She made a wish and blew out her #5 candle and opened her presents from family. We finished off the night with one of our birthday traditions and read Happy Birthday to You by Dr. Seuss.

We are having a joint birthday party with one of her friends later this month!

Just like two years ago on the night before her birthday I had a birthday interview with her. Here is how our conversation went this year.

Mommy: Do you know what tomorrow is?
Ariana: Wednesday
Mommy: Yes, it's Wednesday, but is it a special day. 
Ariana: Yes momma
Mommy: What day is it?
Ariana: MY birthday
Mommy: And how old are you going to be?
Ariana: Five
Mommy: How do you feel about turning five?
Ariana: VERY special (smiling)
Mommy: How special is it to be turning five?
Ariana: So special! So much that I feel so special 100 and 99 much.
Mommy: That's a lot!
Mommy: What is your favorite food?
Ariana: My fav food is spaghetto's
Mommy: Not somethng that mommy makes?
Ariana: That is what you make
Mommy: (laughing) Yes, but I mean something that mommy cooks like I cooked dinner tonight, not something in a can.
Ariana: Umm, I like what you just made tonight (chicken and dumplings)
Mommy: Ok. So what's your favorite color?
Ariana: Pink, purple, yellow and blue
Mommy: What about red? That used to be your favorite color.
Ariana: Yellow took red's place.
Mommy: So yellow is your favorite color now?
Ariana: Yes... and pink and purple and blue
Mommy: What's your fav toy?
Ariana: Everything
Mommy: What do you want for your birthday?
Ariana: A toy umm ummm ummmmmmmmm I want a cinderella doll, I mean barbie toy. A cinderella prince that's a barbie
Mommy: Cinderella prince, that's a boy? You want a Prince Charming?
Ariana: Yes, Prince Charming is the boy that goes with Cinderella right?
Mommy: Yes
Ariana: Yes
Ariana: What else do you want to ask me?
Mommy: What's your favorite thing to do?
Ariana: My favorite thing to do is be in the library.
Mommy: The library on base or the library at school?
Ariana: The library at school.
Mommy: What's your favorite thing to learn at school.
Ariana: ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (giggling watching me typing) ummmmmmmmmmmmmm ummm reading bob books

Mommy: What year were you born? Do you remember?
Ariana: 2015
Mommy: That can't be right
Ariana: 2013
Mommy: No, that's this year
Ariana: 2014
Mommy: You have to go backwards. What is 13 minus 5?
(we counted backwards from 13)

Ariana: 2008!
Mommy: Good job! Ok that's all the questions.
Ariana: I want some more questions.
Mommy: Well, is there anything else you want to tell me about yourself.
Ariana: ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
what I love about me is I'm so sweet and I have pretty hair.

Happy 5th Birthday Ariana!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you are saving all her thoughts and sharing them with us. It's special to record what she is like every year. She's a very unique little person and I'm glad she's a part of my family. Thanks for sharing. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete